Position: Network Engineer/Administrator
Company: NAPCO Security Technologies, Inc.
Location: Amityville, NY
The Company: NAPCO Security Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Amityville, Long Island NY, is a world-wide leader in the manufacturing of electronic security systems for over 45 years is seeking an experienced Network Engineer/Administrator to join our team focusing on Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and On-premises systems. The appropriate candidate will have a solid understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud architecture and products and strong customer facing skills to clearly articulate proposed solutions to our C-Level and customers. The position reports directly to the Vice President of IT.
- Systems Administration – Install, configure, patch, backup/restore all applications and operating systems included in the Azure environment. Significant coordination with the application and development teams and end-users to ensure appropriate support and availability.
- Support on-premises and IaaS and data migrations and PaaS modernizations.
- Serve as a technical leader and mentor.
- Design, implement and troubleshoot system architecture designs in support of business productivity and service innovation.
- Lead the customization and integration efforts of solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure.
- Develop requirements for each project by meeting with technical and business teams.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance, demonstrations, and product education to the Sales Team, customers, or prospects.
- Lead technical proposal efforts, level of effort, and time estimates.
- Document and communicate solution functions and benefits to the customer, identify and recommend additional solution components, product customizations, enhancements, and/or workarounds to meet customer requirements.
- Significant experience in designing solutions based on Azure public cloud, including:
- IaaS (Networking, Storage, Compute), PaaS (App Service Environment, Azure SQL)
- Cloud Native (Functions, Containers/AKS) and security considerations
- Azure Monitor, Azure Security Center, Sentinel, Defender
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions that incorporate many of the following technologies:
- Operating Systems, Microsoft Windows, Red-hat Linux
- Next Gen and Web Application Firewalls
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Hybrid cloud
- Understanding of Azure ExpressRoute
- Understanding of LAN and WAN high-level networking
- HA & DR solutions
- A strong understanding of the challenges faced when migrating IT Services.
- Demonstrated overall Technical Sales and Implementation sales experience.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze customer-provided data.
- Comfortable working with estimating, costing, and working with Finance and Sales Leads on pricing models.
- Structured and considered approach to written and oral communication. Able to communicate potentially complex solutions to less technical people.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products, Services, and Platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MCA Azure Administrator
- MCE Azure Solutions Architect (Preferred)
We offer an excellent salary & benefits package, including: Paid vacation, personal time off, paid holidays, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, medical & dental insurance, life insurance, long term disability insurance, and more. Plus, we're conveniently located in Amityville, Long Island, NY (Easy to get to, we’re right off Route 110 (south end).
Join a Winning Team.
Please contact Napco's Director of Talent Acquisition, Lou Mollica via email at LMollica@napcosecurity.com or by phone at 800-645-9445, ext. 169 (All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.)
Position: Senior Hardware/Digital Design Engineer
Company: NAPCO Security Technologies
Location: Amityville, NY
The Company: NAPCO Security Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Amityville, Long Island NY, Progressive industry leading electronics developer and manufacturer has a full time opening for a Digital Design Engineer. This Sr. Engineering position involves the design of microprocessor-based hardware platforms for use in the security industry such as Fire, Burglary, Access Control, Home Automation and IoT devices. In addition to Hardware Design, candidates with additional experience with C, C++ coding and/or RF/Wireless communications will be eligible for a more senior position and compensation.
- Work with the SVP of Engineering and Marketing teams to define system level features, performance and specifications and implement appropriate designs.
- Perform circuit design, schematic entry, BOM creation, costing and scheduling.
- If experienced, develop firmware to execute desired functionality and perform unit tests.
- Design product interfaces (displays, buttons, connectors), ensure design for manufacturability and perform vendor evaluation/selection.
- Implement design verification and performance validation testing.
- Solid 5+ years of experience designing microprocessor-based products including implementation of peripherals such as RAM, FLASH, I2C, SPI, RS232/485, ADC and DAC circuits.
- Firmware development experience using C and C++ in development environments such as IAR, KEIL, etc., RTOS experience a plus.
- Ability to move a product through the entire life cycle, from concept through development, into manufacturing and maintenance until EOL.
- Security industry experience is a plus.
- BSEE or equivalent experience.
- Partial relocation assistance covered.
- Remote work considered for candidates outside of daily commutable range.
Compensation and Benefits: We offer an attractive employment package including: A competitive salary, 401(k), paid vacation, personal time off, paid holidays, long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and excellent growth potential.
JOIN THE NAPCO SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES TECHNICAL SERVICES TEAM!
Are you experienced with security products such as burglary and fire alarm systems, video surveillance, access control or locking products?
Are you passionate about providing outstanding service to your customers?
Do you have the drive to learn about, and support, the latest products in the security industry?
The Position: This successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality technical assistance to security professionals. You will work with the industry's best technical services team to support the world’s most diversified line of security products, systems and services. Both Senior and Entry-Level positions are available.
The Company: NAPCO Security Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Amityville, Long Island NY, is a world-wide leader in the manufacturing of electronic security systems for over 40 years. We are publicly traded on NASDAQ under NSSC.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by telephone and other channels.
- Provide technical expertise to security professionals in the areas of installation, troubleshooting, upgrade and optimization of security hardware and software products.
- Determine the best solution for each inquiry, issue or request by applying and / or adapting existing knowledge and best practices.
- Utilize existing support tools, techniques and methodology.
- Participate in the capture of new knowledge and solutions.
- Document and track each customer interaction from initial contact through closure.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in alarm systems, security products, locking products, access control or video.
- Some experience in help desk, technical support, customer service or telephone support is desirable.
- Good computer literacy, including MS Windows-based systems and basic networking experience (i.e. understanding of routers, switches, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Extremely detail oriented, possess a high sense of urgency and demonstrate world class follow through skills.
- Customer service oriented, 'people person' with great communication skills (verbal and written).
- 'Team Player' with ability to work both individually and collaboratively.
- Able to work on site within the hours of 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM, Monday through Friday (full 8.5 hour shifts). Remote positions available.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus, although not required.
Compensation and Benefits: We offer steady, stable, full-time work, and an attractive employment package, including: A competitive salary, 401(k), paid vacation, personal time off, paid holidays, long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, promotional opportunities and career growth.
Napco Security Technologies' vertically integrated dual-plant and headquarters operation, spans nearly 300,000 square feet and incorporates the finest, automated manufacturing equipment available.
Our state-of the art 175,000 square foot, fully integrated Caribbean facility gives Napco the capability of handling any size job, to any specification, in the most cost-effective manner.
333 Bayview Avenue, Amityville, NY 11701 • (631) 842-9400
Copyright 2023, Napco Security Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved